What is immunity? According to dictionary.com, it is the ability of the body to resist or fight off infection and disease. Over the last few months there has been several recalls on food products due to a bacteria virus called listeria. FoodSafety.org says those at risk are people with weakened immune systems, older adults, pregnant women, organ transplant patients receiving drugs to prevent body from rejecting organ, and people with certain diseases. In the same way our natural body needs a defense system to resist/fight off infection and disease, our spirit does too. Our bodies are designed to heal itself and it is when our immune system is weak that we are susceptible to the attacks. The attacks take over our body and position us for death. Don’t be caught off guard when the enemy attacks. Make sure you check your immunity (spiritually and naturally) and improve it accordingly.
A few ways to boost your immune system (naturally):
- Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds
- Take daily multivitamin, mineral supplements and herbs
- Exercise regularly and get some sunlight
- Drink water regularly
- Get adequate sleep and manage stress
- Get regular medical screening tests
A few ways to boost your immune system (spiritually):
- Eat the fruit of the spirit: ” But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.” Galatians 5:22-23
- Daily prayer, worship, meditation on the word of God: ” This, then, is how you should pray: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.” Matthew 6:9-13
- Apply scriptures to your life; inviting the sunlight into your life (Jesus): “But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.” James 1:22
- Drink of the Holy Spirit regularly: “For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.” 1 Corinthians 12:13
- Rest in God (Hebrews 4) and think on these things: “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” Philippians 4:8
- Consecrate and fast regularly: Daniel 10, Isaiah 58
As always, your comments are welcome. Please share this blog with someone else and encourage them to follow. Make It A Great Day! It’s A Wonderful Life Now!